Spring has sprung and we are beginning to get cabin fever. This has been a particularly nasty wintertime, but hopefully, we’ll have some good weather that will stick. Are you looking for some great places to get away to this spring break? Well, then you’re in luck! Here are 5 wonderful places to visit that are just a short road-trip away:
1. Starved Rock State Park is a great place to go. It boasts of 18 canyons and 13 miles of marked hiking. Great for the outdoor enthusiast and there’s a lovely lodge, Starved Rock Lodge, in case you’d like to spend more time there.
2. There’s so much to do in Kalamazoo! Who knew? We did, that’s who! Okay, okay. Enough with the rhyming. But, truly, there are a lot of great things to see and do in Kalamazoo and it’s less than three hours from Chicago. From hiking to museums to casinos and more. There’s something for the whole family.
3. If you’re looking for a little longer drive, Lexington, Kentucky is a great place to visit! Horses, bluegrass, and bourbon might start you off in the right direction. There is so much history to explore, but it’s way better than diving into a history book. Click on the Lexington link above to start your trip today!
4. Saugatuck has Kilwin fudge. What more do you need to know? Just in case you do need more, there’s parks, galleries, dunes, beaches, and don’t forget the fudge. This is another easy-mileage road trip and less than three hours from Chicago. They have wonderful B&B’s and historic inns and springtime is far less crowded than summer.
5. Another great 3-hour trip is to Indianapolis. Packed full of culture and shopping and food and fun… it’s very traveler accessible with some very unique places to stay… such as the Crowne Plaza complete with 26 authentic Pullman sleeper cars.
If none of these sound good to you, just remember that there’s tons of stuff to do right here in Chicago. Here’s a cool list to get you started: Things to do in Chicago. Whether you’re going hours away or having fun here in the windy city, you can always count on CARS of America in Glenview to keep the fun rollin’! Make sure you check your fluids and tires before heading out on the road or let us do it for you. It would be our honor!